Schools will re-open in September 2020 and KICS is receiving new student applications. APPLY HERE and join the KICS community.
For 100 days, starting April 7, 2020 KICS stands together with Rwanda during the 26th commemoration of the 1994 Genocide Against the Tutsi.
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN KICS AS A TEACHER
1. Christ-Centered Worldview
- Live out our vision to impact the world for Christ by preparing servant leaders.
- Disciple small groups of students in their personal walks with Christ.
- Integrate a Christ-centered worldview into academic subject areas.
2. Highly Qualified, Diverse Staff
- Collaborate with missionary educators from over 12 different countries.
- Join a staff team with over 40% of its members who have earned at least a Master’s degree.
- Serve with experienced staff, with 40% having 8 or more years of experience in their field.
3. A Place for the Whole Family
- Receive tuition for all staff children attending KICS.
- Staff children are part of a community of over 40 other staff children.
4. Student Diversity
- Work with a student body from over 37 different countries.
- Interact with a diverse mix of missionary kids, third-culture kids, and Rwandan children.
- Engage with a community of diverse believers from different cultural and religious backgrounds.
5. Competitive Benefits Package
- Receive a competitive benefits package, including; a monthly stipend,
- Flight credits,
- Tuition for staff children,
- Professional development,
- Health insurance,
- Use of a school car,
- Housing allowance.
6. Live in Kigali, Rwanda
- Enjoy all-year-round sunshine.
- Live in an expatriate-friendly country.
- Check out national parks, vacation destinations, and safaris in East Africa.
7. Ongoing Collaboration and Professional Development
- Participate in content and role-specific professional development facilitated by school leadership.
- Grow professionally while serving abroad.
8. Tech Tools
- Take part in the most technologically advanced school in Rwanda.
- Enhance lessons in classrooms equipped with Mimeo pads, smart boards, document cameras, and projectors.
- Receive a school computer for professional use.
9. Rigorous Academics
- Prepare students for college, as KICS is an official testing site offering the ACT, SAT, PSAT, and AP Examinations.
- Teach rigorous academic courses at a US-Accredited School (accredited by American Christian Schools International & Middle States Association).
- Come alongside students in KICS’s learning support program, including ELL, SPED, and a Gifted-Talented Program.
- Get creative with KICS’s extensive course offerings, including Pre-AP and AP classes.
10. Community Investment
- Get involved in local ministries and volunteer opportunities in Rwanda.
- Join a church community in Kigali.
- Participate in KICS service projects.