TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN KICS AS A TEACHER
1. Christ-Centered Worldview
- Live out our vision to impact the world for Christ by preparing servant leaders.
- Disciple small groups of students in their personal walks with Christ.
- Integrate a Christ-centered worldview into academic subject areas.
2. Highly Qualified, Diverse Staff
- Collaborate with missionary educators from over 12 different countries.
- Join a staff team with over 40% of its members who have earned at least a Master’s degree.
- Serve with experienced staff, with 40% having 8 or more years of experience in their field.
3. A Place for the Whole Family
- Receive tuition for all staff children attending KICS.
- Staff children are part of a community of over 40 other staff children.
4. Student Diversity
- Work with a student body from over 37 different countries.
- Interact with a diverse mix of missionary kids, third-culture kids, and Rwandan children.
- Engage with a community of diverse believers from different cultural and religious backgrounds.
5. Competitive Benefits Package
- Receive a competitive benefits package that is at the top range for international educators.
6. Live in Kigali, Rwanda
- Enjoy all-year-round sunshine.
- Live in an expatriate-friendly country.
- Check out national parks, vacation destinations, and safaris in East Africa.
7. Ongoing Collaboration and Professional Development
- Participate in content and role-specific professional development facilitated by school leadership.
- Grow professionally while serving abroad.
8. Tech Tools
- Take part in the most technologically advanced school in Rwanda.
- Enhance lessons in classrooms equipped with Mimeo pads, smart boards, document cameras, and projectors.
- Receive a school computer for professional use.
9. Rigorous Academics
- Prepare students for college, as KICS is an official testing site offering the ACT, SAT, PSAT, and AP Examinations.
- Teach rigorous academic courses at a US-Accredited School (accredited by American Christian Schools International & Middle States Association).
- Come alongside students in KICS’s learning support program, including ELL, SPED, and a Gifted-Talented Program.
- Get creative with KICS’s extensive course offerings, including Pre-AP and AP classes.
10. Community Investment
- Get involved in local ministries and volunteer opportunities in Rwanda.
- Join a church community in Kigali.
- Participate in KICS service projects.