MESSAGE FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL
My name is Ben Thomas and I have the privilege of serving as the Director of KICS.
Our family has been serving at KICS since 2014. We love KICS and are thankful to be serving here. It is an incredible place to be and we are fortunate to be raising our kids in this environment.
A few things you should know about KICS from my view:
- Vision, Mission & Values: Everything we do is rooted and based in our Vision and Mission. These are not just statements for us. They serve as our guide in every aspect of the school
- People: The people associated with KICS are wonderful. With students and families from 33 countries, including Rwanda, and staff from 12, the global family of KICS is an incredible culture. If you are a prospective teacher, you will be delighted with the students (though there will be times that drive you crazy). If you are a prospective parent or student, you will not find educators and administrators that care more for you as a person than our KICS staff.
- Current Season: We are in a great spot. We’ve continued to grow and mature as a school. We are bursting at the seams with the growth we’ve experienced, and we are looking forward to moving to and developing a new campus in the coming years. The quality of our programs has grown and continues to grow, and we are thankful.
Additionally, here are a few reasons why I have chosen to invest at KICS:
- KICS is a spiritual greenhouse. According to the Atlas of Global Christianity, 86% of members of the three major world religions, do not know a Christian. Having a school like KICS is an incredible way for students and families of all faiths to get to know each other, around the truth of who is Christ.
- Samuel Escobar, the South American missiologist says, “The mission to which God sends those he chooses is always a ‘mission impossible,’ possible only because God will act in order to accomplish his purpose.” Looking back on the first 10 years of KICS, this was mission impossible and God came through. Looking forward to the next 10 years at KICS is also mission impossible and we look forward to how God will move. There is no place I’d rather be than in the middle of where God is at work and on the move. KICS has been and will continue to trust God for what He alone can accomplish.
Thanks again for visiting. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Dr. Benjamin P. Thomas