HEAD OF SCHOOL
Dr. Benjamin P. Thomas
Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12
- Accredited in 2012 and Reaccredited for 2019-2026 with Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Association of International Schools in Africa
- College Board
To impact the world for Christ by preparing servant-leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, service above self, and a lifestyle of participation over apathy.
The mission at KICS is to provide a Christ-centered, U.S. accredited primary and secondary education that challenges students to excel academically and live out a biblical worldview.
KICS values are; Servant leadership, Christ-centered, Global family, Customization, and Life-long learners.
- J-Term: Beyond the Books course offerings
- Beyond the Gates outreach
- Bounce Back: Social-Emotional Learning (K-5)
- Mission: Small Group Mentoring (6-12)
- Inquiry-Based Learning for Science and Social Studies
- AP Courses
- 1:1 laptops (11-12), Digital Citizenship and Computer Programing courses
- 8th Grade and Senior Defense requirements
BY THE NUMBERS
- Total student enrollment 2019-2020: 315
- Student-Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- Faculty holding advanced degrees: 37%
- Faculty and staff holding a teaching and administrative certificate: 96%
- Tuition Assistance with Financial Aid: 77%
- Countries represented among the student body: 33
- Countries represented among staff: 12
- Parent participation in the annual Capital Development Fund: 100%
- 100 percent of KICS students who apply are accepted for admission to college and university.
- 2019 KICS Graduates are attending 16 universities in 5 countries. Their applications were accepted in 39 universities and post-secondary programs.
OFFICIAL TESTING SITE FOR
To discover more, download the KICS Snapshots with more facts over the years: