The city of Kigali is currently under lockdown and KICS is online at the KICS Reimagined platform.
The safety of our staff, students, parents, and KICS community is our overriding priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we are closely monitoring the situation and following the guidance from the Government of Rwanda and the World Health Organization (WHO). In the fight against COVID-19, practicing preventative measures is both a personal and organizational responsibility.
Access to Campus is Limited
Access to the school campus is limited to authorized staff, students, and visitors during a designated time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure, we require everyone coming to KICS to fill out an online, KICS Pre-screening Form before coming on campus. Anyone exhibiting any of the COVID-19 symptoms will be denied access to the school premises.
Preventative Health and Safety Practices
While on the KICS campus, every person will be required to adhere to specific preventative health and safety measures. Permitted visitors must:
- Complete an online health pre-screening form.
- Wear a facemask at all times.
- Check-in with the security desk to have their temperatures checked and receive a visitor's badge.
- Wash their hands before proceeding through the campus.
- Restrict their visit to the designated and destination.
- Practice social distancing within the campus (at least 6 feet apart).
If you have any questions concerning our health process, please contact KICS' School Nurse, Mrs. Patience Nyadzo at +250782758243 or email email@example.com for additional info.
Head of School Updates from Dr. Benjamin Thomas
- COVID19 - Update #17, May 8, 2020 at 7:04 p.m (Next Year)
- COVID19 - Update #16, April 17, 10:33 p.m (KICS will finish the year online)
- COVID19 - Update #15, April 15, 2:41 a.m (Thomas Family Update)
- COVID19 - Update #14, April 13, 6:53 p.m (Welcome Back!)
- COVID19 - Update #13, April 3, 2:03 p.m (Survey Help: Immediate Action Requested)
- COVID-19 Update #12, April 2, 2020, 9:23 p.m (Congratulations!)
- COVID-19 Update #11, March 31, 2020, 9:15 p.m (It is well with my soul)
- COVID-19 Update #10, March 27, 2020, 5:05 p.m (Friday!!)
- COVID-19 Update #9, March 23, 2020, 3:48 p.m (Virtual Learning)
- COVID-19 Update #8, March 20, 2020, 4:01 p.m (Well-done!)
- COVID-19 Update #7, March 19, 2020, 8:01 a.m (Day by Day)
- COVID-19 Update #6, March 17, 2020, 2:01 p.m (KICS Learning Continues Plan)
- COVID-19 Update #5, March 15, 2020, 9:00 p.m (Resource Pick-Up)
- COVID-19 Update #4, March 14, 2020, 10:11 p.m (Temporary School Closure Notice)
- COVID-19 - Update #3, March 14, 2020, 2:19 p.m (First Case Confirmed in Rwanda)
- COVID-19 - Update #2, March 12, 2020, 4:57 p.m (KICS Pandemic Protocols)
- COVID19 - Update #1, March 6, 2020, 3:52 p.m (Coronavirus [Covid-19] Precautions)