Temporary School Closure Notice
Dear KICS family,
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement as we've continued to navigate COVID19. As we shared earlier today, Rwanda has confirmed its first case of the virus.
The government leadership has been hard at work today, and a few hours ago, they announced that all schools would be closed for an initial 2 week period starting this Monday. We will comply with these Closure Directives and do all we can to help ensure we keep the people in Rwanda safe from community spread.
A few things we'd like to reiterate:
- Through this season, we will continue to look to the Lord and trust Him as we chart the path forward.
- The KICS Board and Leadership Team have been hard at work throughout the day to continue preparations for the way forward.
- Children are considered at low risk for COVID19. That said, we want to ensure we do all we can to keep each child safe and be good citizens in our community.
- We are not alone in facing this threat. There are cases in over 100 countries. Thankfully, we can and are learning lessons from them as to how to best walk this path.
- The KICS Learning Continues plan will be our guide to learning through this process. It is a great mix of learning opportunities that will help us through this time.
- Throughout this process, we will be diligent to communicate regularly to you. E-mail will be our official means of communication.
- As we walk together in this, let's have grace for one another as we enter this new season of learning at KICS.
We will be working with staff on Monday and Tuesday to further train them in KICS Continues Learning. We will communicate further with you about what you can expect from KICS early in the week. In compliance with the order that was given, we will not be proceeding with the parent conversations that were scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. As always, if you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Let me close with one of my favorite Psalms, Psalm 121:
"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven, and earth."
Thankful that we are under the protection of the Lord and can trust that He is with us and will be our help in and through this season.
Thanks as always for your partnership and trust. Thankful to be with you in the midst of this.