School Opening Update
Dear KICS family,
Happy Saturday everyone.
The Cabinet met yesterday and schools will not be starting in September in-person. They've encouraged remote learning while they do further health assessments before in-person learning can begin.
Statement on Cabinet Resolutions of 14/08/2020 pic.twitter.com/WUwnfczg5N
— Office of the PM | Rwanda (@PrimatureRwanda) August 14, 2020
Here is what I want you to know:
- KICS is committed to living out our Vision to impact the world for Christ by preparing servant leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, service above self, and a lifestyle of participation over apathy. We are committed to this whether we are learning online or in-person and this will continue to guide us, regardless of the circumstances we face.
- KICS has been preparing for this reality and we will be ready to develop each student as a lifelong learner.
- KICS will deliver a Reimagined online learning experience that allows each student to excel academically and live out a biblical worldview. This will be a student-centered approach that allows every KICS student to grow with high touchpoints between teachers and students, and students with their peers.
- One of the greatest strengths of KICS is that we are a global family and we will get through this season together.
- KICS has been and will do everything within our control, to be prepared for the time when schools open in-person. We will ensure a seamless transition from online to in-person when that day comes.
We will communicate more information in the days ahead. For now, rest assured that this announcement did not catch us off guard and enjoy the last few weeks of summer vacation.
As I shared earlier this week, KICS is preparing to purchase a device for each student. Please ensure you have high-speed internet at home and ensure that your payment is up-to-date with the finance office this Tuesday.
Please let me know what questions you have. While the world navigates Covid19, I am thankful to be in this together with you.
Dr. Benjamin P. Thomas