School ReOpening Update
Dear KICS Parents/Guardians,
I trust and hope you are doing well in the midst of a summer that’s been marked by COVID19.
While there is much uncertainty, let me share with you what we are anticipating, as KICS prepares for the coming school year. You can follow this link KICS Reopening Update to a video update (embedded within) and enjoy the written summary below:
- We anticipate a decision about schools reopening will be made in the coming weeks, potentially at the next Cabinet meeting.
- We anticipate that schools will physically reopen at some point this academic year.
- We anticipate that after schools reopen, there may be various levels of disruption related to containing COVID19 withing the country.
Now that I’ve shared what we are anticipating, let me also share how we are preparing for the school year ahead:
- If schools are allowed to physically open in September, KICS is ready.
- We’ve designed campus spaces to be socially distant at 1 meter apart, in addition to outlining policies and procedures to protect against the spread of COVID19. We’ve also been and will continue focusing on training our staff to navigate the needs of the whole child in light of this pandemic.
- If schools are not allowed to reopen in September, KICS will launch a reimagined and retooled KICS online learning experience.
- Areas of focus will remain on developing, creating and cultivating strong bonds between students, staff and one another.
- We’ve identified what worked well, what worked okay and what needs to be improved upon from last school year’s KICS Learning Continues model, and are making the necessary adjustments.
- We are preparing to ensure each student at KICS has a device, for Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- We will be utilizing different platforms and technologies to ensure age-appropriate and grade-appropriate technology use for receiving a great education.
- Ultimately, the decision about physically opening KICS is not in our control. However, we will be prepared for whatever the circumstances are. Additionally, whatever disruptions may come throughout the year, we are prepared for a seamless transition from in-person to online, and online to in-person to ensure continuity for the education of your child.
There is much more I can say, but let me stop there. These times are challenging, but by God’s grace, we are ready.
As we prepare, here is what we ask of you:
- Remain in prayer for the coming school year. Pray for the more than 300+ students, the staff, and the entire KICS community.
- As we provide a device for each student in KG through Grade 12, we ask that you do all you can to ensure you have high-speed internet at home.
- Please follow-up with our finance office to ensure you are up-to-date on your payment. We’ll be purchasing devices based on those who have completed their payments. We are making these purchases by Tuesday, August 18th. Please have your balance up-to-date by that time.
Thanks for your continued partnership with us and your prayers for us. Whatever the circumstances we’ll face, we will continue to impact the world for Christ by preparing servant leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, service above self, and a lifestyle of participation over apathy.
As you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Dr. Benjamin P. Thomas