I hope you have enjoyed the pleasure of walking outside and enjoying life outside of your home this week. I am so thankful for the progress Rwanda continues to make and am thankful that the restrictions have been lifted to allow for more movement.
Since the government announcement was released, our team has been hard at work to prepare KICS within the guidelines that have been listed. Here are a few key points that I'd like to share with you:
- We have a lot to be thankful for. Our school families, our school, our students and our country are in a good place through this worldwide pandemic. That is not necessarily true globally, and I am so thankful for how God has protected and preserved us at KICS. We will head into the coming school year strong.
- We are planning for a Tuesday, September 1, 2020 start of the school year. We will start in person. We can't wait to see everyone again.
- We are in touch with various leaders who have affirmed our plan to start on September 1.
- We will make adjustments and abide by the government guidelines as more information is released.
- Here are a few key points that we want you to be aware of in light of a September 1 start:
- We are planning for a longer break at Christmas time (4 weeks) to allow families to travel during the Christmas season. We are doing this because we anticipate the airport will gradually open and travel this summer might be more challenging. We are hopeful that by Christmas time, the ability to travel will be a little easier and better to manage. We want to give our families enough time to travel during this season and to enjoy a meaningful break.
- We will finish the 2020-2021 school year on or before June 15. This will give us enough instructional days to allow us to have a successful year.
- We are finalizing the calendar in the days ahead. If you have any points of feedback based on the points above, please reply to this e-mail as I'd love to hear them, and take them into account before the calendar is finalized. Once it is finalized, I will send it out to the KICS family.
If you have any questions about the calendar, or anything else related to KICS, please let me know. I am thankful for where we are and looking forward to what is ahead for the KICS family.
On another note, please visit our newly revamped website, www.kicsrw.org. Gloria Iribagiza has been leading the way to update our site over the last few months. Please do share the site with your friends, as we'd love to have more students enrolled to experience the amazing KICS family.
Thanks so much for your graciousness, your patience, your encouragement and partnership over these last few weeks. KICS' future is bright and I am so thankful to be in this together with each of you.